Wednesday, May 29, 2024

About Me


Introduction

My name is Jayaprakash Sundararaj (JP). I have 12 years of expertise in the software industry. I have almost ten years of experience at Google Inc, where I worked on ‘Search Ranking’, ‘Recommendation Systems’, ‘On Device Search’. I’ve managed and mentored a lot of engineers on the team that have a track record of launching successful projects and improving metrics. You’re welcome to send an email. I may be reached at os[my-first-name]@gmail.com.


Expertise
  • Areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Information retrieval
  • Programming: C++, Kotlin, Python
  • Frameworks: Tensorflow, MapReduce (~Spark), BigTable/SSTable (~HBase/Cassandra), Protobuf (Data Serialization)
Masters at IIT Bombay

I studied M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) at IIT Bombay from 2012 to 2014. Following graduation, my studies concentrated mostly on NLP, ML, and information retrieval. In addition, I was given the opportunity to intern with the Yahoo! Multimedia Team, where I worked on enhancing ‘Image Search Relevance’.

I took the following courses from IITB:Machine Learning
  • Advanced Machine Learning (focused on Probabilistic Graphical Models)
  • Natural Language Processing
  • Topics in Natural Language Processing (focused on Statistical Machine Translation)
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Web Mining
  • R&D - Semantic Web
  • R&D - Sub-modular functions in Text Summarization
  • Probabilistic Models
  • Innovation and Entrepreneurship
I also served as a Teaching Assistant for following courses,Machine Learning
  • Natural Language Processing
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Distributed Systems
Online Presence